Local aviation weather forecast resources for sport pilots and ultralight, microlight and weight-shift control light-sport aircraft owners preparing for flights in the Reno / Tahoe / Carson City area.
Since each location has unique weather patterns, here is my personal list of local weather resources. You should also look at the OVERALL WEATHER (Home page) for Fronts, Pressure Systems, Isobars, and Jet Stream for a complete picture.
Basic Reno Lake Tahoe Forecast
Detail Carson Reno Lake Tahoe Wind and Weather
- Slide Mountain Observations — new Slide Mountain —- Squaw Peak
- Winds Aloft Forecasting Tables – Graphic.
- SkyVector METAR readings
- FAA METAR observations and TAForcasts
- Lake Tahoe Web Cams
- Weather Balloon readings from Reno
- Surface Condition Graphics Reno – USAirnet
- Surface Condition Graphics Carson City – Wind Finder
- Local Radar Observation – Weather.gov
- Local Wind Map - NOAA
- Nevada Highway Observations – NDOT
- National Radar Observation – Intelecast.com
- Regional Surface & Mountain Observations – NOAA
- Reno Weather Balloon Observations – Soarforecast.com
- Local Surface Forecast – Intellicast.com
- Nevada Conditions & Forecast – National Weather Service