Local aviation weather forecast resources for private pilots, sport pilots and ultralight, microlight and weight-shift control light-sport aircraft owners preparing for flights in the Reno / Tahoe / Carson City area.
Since each location has unique weather patterns, here is my personal list of local weather resources. You should also look at the OVERALL WEATHER (Home page) for Fronts, Pressure Systems, Isobars, and Jet Stream for a complete BIG picture.
Basic Reno Lake Tahoe Forecast
Detail Carson Reno Lake Tahoe Wind and Weather
- Slide Mountain Observations — new Slide Mountain —- Squaw Peak
- Winds Aloft Forecasting Tables – Graphic.
- Nevada Highway Observations – NDOT
- Weather Balloon readings from Reno
- Surface Condition Graphics Reno – USAirnet
- Local Radar Observation – Weather.gov
- Local Wind Map – NOAA
- National Radar Observation – Intelecast.com
- Regional Surface & Mountain Observations – NOAA
- Reno Weather Balloon Observations – Soarforecast.com
- Local Surface Forecast – Intellicast.com
- Nevada Conditions & Forecast – National Weather Service
- Air quality and smoke – AirNow.gov click on state for details
- SkyVector METAR readings
- FAA METAR observations and TAForcasts
- Surface Condition Graphics Carson City – Wind Finder